- makes: 4 x 100ml pots
- 1 orange
- 55 g brown raw cane sugar
- ½ vanilla pod
- 200 g dark (70% cocoa) chocolate
- 80 ml orange juice (from about 2 oranges), strained (at room temperature)
- 80 ml water (at room temperature) + ¼ cup for the syrup
- First, we need to prepare orange syrup. Wash one orange, cut into slices. Put into a pot with ¼ cup of water, brown sugar and ½ vanilla pod. Cover and cook on the lowest setting for 30 min or so until you get thin, orange-infused syrup to sweeten the ganache with. Set aside.
- Slowly melt the chocolate over a water bath (water should not touch the glass bowl with chocolate). Once melted, remove from heat, but keep the bowl with chocolate over the hot water. Start adding orange juice tablespoon by tablespoon. If chocolate mixture seizes (it gets thick and grainy), slowly add the rest of the juice and keep on mixing gently. It will eventually return to its smooth runny state. Then slowly mix in 80 ml of water, pouring it in gradually.
- Stir in 55 ml (it will be pretty much all the syrup you made, but still measure the correct quantity out) of the orange syrup you made earlier.
- Pour the ganache into 4 pots. Leave it to cool to room temperature and then into a fridge for 2-3 hours for the ganache to set.
(All copyrights belong to http://www.lazycatkitchen.com/)